https (the s stands for secure)
Cryptography – secret writing
Encryption – act of converting plain text into ciphertext (ex: hello -> khoor)
Decryption – converting back to original text (ex: khoor -> hello)
Symmetric encryption – a key for translation. same key for each person, sender and reciever
Caesar Cipher – is a substitution cipher. Substitute 1 character for another (ex: if the key is 3 -> shift the alphabet by 3 which converts a->d b->e c->f and so on.
All caps for a variable name indicates the value of the variable does not change.
\n = enter
- Post a screenshot of your code for the caesarDecrypt function.
- Explain the difference between a function and a procedure. Give an example of a function.
- A function is a procedure that returns a value (a result). An example would be the Encrypt or Decrypt procedures in the Caesar Cipher app in this lesson. The Decrypt on is shown above.
- Explain the difference between global and local variables. Why are local variables easier to debug than global variables?
- Global variables can be used in any procedure or event handler in your app. A local variable can only be used in one procedure, the one it was defined in.
- Local variables are easier to debug because they are defined and used only within one procedure and therefore are isolated to one piece of your code.