This app uses MIT App Inventor 2 programming language.
Name of App: SafeStart
- A socially useful app must assist our community in a beneficial way. After much consideration regarding current problems within our society, we have developed SafeStart, an app designed to track an individual’s Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) level and notify an appropriate party if the user’s level is too high to drive. The app also consists of informative facts and statistics to inform the user of appropriate alcohol consumption.
- This app falls under the educational or utilities category in the play-store. It is designed for individuals over the age of 21, however, anyone can access the app for safety reasons. This app is extremely useful because the user will track the number of drinks they have consumed. Based on the amount of ounces, body weight, and hours spent drinking, SafeStart will provide a warning message if the user should wait longer before getting behind the wheel. This app is strictly for helpful guidance regarding the data entered by the user. If the user is well over the legal limit, a message will be sent to another SafeStart user. This information must be entered and stored before the user starts drinking.
- This app is similar to BAC tracking apps, however, it is different because it offers facts and statistics as well as it has the ability to send a message to another user if an individual is in potential danger. Overall, SafeStart is an intuitive, informative, and helpful app that looks to improve public safety. If you drink alcohol, you should do your civic duty and use SafeStart.
Category of app:
- This app falls under the educational or utilities category in the play-store. This is an extremely useful app designed to give an estimate of BAC to users.
- This app is designed for individuals over the age of 21, however, anyone can access the app for safety reasons. SafeStart will not require a birthdate entry to use in the case that someone is genuinely interested in tracking their BAC.
How the app differs from other apps:
- This app is similar to other BAC tracking apps, however, it is unique because it offers facts and statistics as well as it has the ability to send a message to another user if an individual is in potential danger. This difference will set SafeStart apart from other apps because it is very intuitive and focuses on the overall safety of all users.
Components required to build app: This app will be designed with many visible and non-visible components.
- Visible components: an image, label, text-box, etc.
- Non-visible components: list-picker, variable, DB, procedures with parameters, sequence, selection, and repetition blocks.