Thinking of registering for COLL-199 next semester?
Here’s what you can expect:
- You’ll create an online portfolio of your experiences. You can include any kind of experience you want – academic, professional, extra- and co-curricular, social, personal, athletic, artistic etc. It’s entirely up to you what you include in your portfolio.
- Your portfolio can be for any audience you want: graduate schools, potential employers, your Trinity advisors, family and friends, or all of the above. We’ll spend a lot of time in class figuring out who your audience is and what they need you to demonstrate in a portfolio.
- There is some writing, and all of it is reflection/personal essay. You may also choose to compose your reflections with images, photos, videos, audio files, or other interactive content. We’ll explore several different ways of telling your stories.
- You don’t need to have any technical skills for this class. Portfolios are built in WordPress, and there is lots of hands-on practice with the platform, and plenty of opportunity for extra help if you need it.
- At the end of the semester, you’ll participate in the Trinity Portfolio Showcase. This is a very casual presentation, where you show your portfolio to interested faculty, staff and other students. Lunch is usually provided for all attendees.
- The class meets 7 times in a semester, on Wednesdays, from 12 to 12:50. A detailed schedule is available at the start of the semester.
- The class is pass/fail, 1/4 credit. You can take it up to 4 times while you are at Trinity. None of the assignments are graded, but you are expected to complete all assigned tasks to meet expectations.
- You don’t need to enroll in COLL-199 to build a portfolio! Any student can create their portfolio, at any time. Credit is not given to independent portfolio creators, but all students are invited to participate in the Trinity Portfolio Showcase.