The WordPress Customizer is the easiest and fastest way to change the layout, colors and typography of your Trinity portfolio site. To get started, make sure you are logged in to your portfolio site (hint: you’ll see “Howdy…” in the upper-right corner of your screen, in the WordPress Dashboard bar). Then, click the Customize option, and you’ll be on your way!
Here is a summary of the options you’ll see. Many are dependent on the theme you have selected (see #1).
1. Choose what theme you want to use here. You can preview options in the live preview that appears. Themes control the layout of your site, and many aspects of the look and feel.
2. In the Site Identity panel, you can change the display name of your site (which is usually your name), and the site tagline. The site tagline is the text just below your name which, by default, says “My starter portfolio site.” You can change it or delete the text entirely.
3. Some themes will allow you upload a custom logo image to use instead of your site name and tagline. Image size requirements should be shown when you open this panel, as well as any other options associated to this element.
4. Some themes also give you the ability to include a Header or Background image.mage size requirements should be shown when you open this panel, as well as any other options associated to this element.
5. You can modify you’re site’s menu on this panel. You want to make sure you select “Primary Navigation” here, and add the categories and posts you want visitors to your site to navigate through.
6. All themes have some color modification options. Take a look at this post for more guidance on choosing colors for your site.
7. All themes give you the ability to modify your headline and content typefaces. Take a look at this post for more guidance on modifying your site’s typography.